Mr. Daly’s next venture was not a happy one. From the Fifth Avenue he went to the Grand Opera House. Here a good number of patrons fell to his share. Returning to Twenty-eighth street and Fifth avenue he established the theatre which now occupies the site. Clara Morris, Fanny Davenport and many other leading artists were here brought before the New York public under Mr. Daly’s management.
The Weekly Thibodaux Sentinel 6/14/1890. Print.